The Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) controls how we collect, use, store, disclose and give access to, or correct, personal information. It applies whenever you access this website as either a visitor or a user. If you wish to purchase services provided by COMPANYHUB.NZ LIMITED (also referred to as "us", "we" and Company Hub), then you must acknowledge that you have read and understood this policy, and consent to it, before you will be able to make a purchase.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. It can include phone numbers, credit card details and any other information from which an individual might be identified.
Collection of Information
When you visit our website, your IP address and the date and time of your visit to the site is logged and recorded to our servers.
We also collect specific personal information from you when you apply to use our services. This information is collected from you directly, and where you provide information about another person, that person must have authorised you to provide their information. We may also need to collect information about you from third parties from time to time.
We collect this information to meet our own legal obligations, including under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 (the AML/CFT Act), and to provide you with the services you have requested. If you choose not to provide the personal information we require, we will not be able to provide you with services.
Use of Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose information that you provide us to do any of the following:
- process any application you make and provide access to our services
- provide you with information about our services
- communicate with you and provide the services requested
- manage and enhance our services
- meet any legal obligations we have (including under the AML/CFT Act)
Your personal information will be held at 406/16 Huron Street, Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand electronically and, on occasion, in hard copy. Electronic records are stored outside New Zealand. When it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, it will be deleted.
Disclosure of Your Information
In order to apply to use our services you will be required to consent to us collecting and using your information as set out in this policy.
You agree, when giving consent, that we can share your information with:
- any person we need to in order to provide you with the services you have requested and in accordance with your instructions
- New Zealand agencies and authorities for the purposes of verifying information you have provided, including the Department of Internal Affairs and the New Zealand Transport Agency, and any credit reporting bureau (this is not a credit check but a validation of your details by reference to your credit file)
- Australian or other international agencies (such as the Australian Department of Home Affairs) for the purpose of identity verification
- any authority or agency where we are required by law to provide it and we believe that the party is properly authorised
- service providers such as web hosting providers, IT administrators, payment processors
We do not disclose personal information to entities based outside of New Zealand, except where we transfer your personal information to our cloud storage provider. The information is transferred solely for the purpose of hosting and storing data and is not used by the storage service provider.
We require all third parties to protect personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Right to Access and Accuracy of Information
You have the right to access any personal information we hold about you and to request that we correct any mistakes or inaccuracies in it. We will respond to your request as soon as we reasonably can and in accordance with the Act.
If we don't agree to make a change you request, you can ask us to include a note on your personal information saying you asked us to amend it.
We will do our best to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date but it is important that you provide information that is as current as possible to help us achieve this.
Storage and Security
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect our website from unauthorised access and from the unauthorised use, disclosure, alteration or destruction of information we hold. This includes risk management practices and procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
If you do not wish cookies to be placed on your computer or device then they may be disabled in your web browser although this may restrict your access to parts of our website.
We take your privacy seriously. If you have any queries or concerns, including if you think that your privacy has been breached, please email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may revise this policy from time to time. Updated versions will be posted on our website. It was last updated in April 2021.